The “land of a thousand hills,” Rwanda is a jewel that is often overlooked. Its people offer a true testimony to the resilience of humankind, having put into practice a reconciliation that can be a lesson for the rest of the world.
From the somber halls of the Genocide Museum in Kigali to the lush rainforests of Virunga, Rwanda is a truly unique African experience. Trekking to see the Silverback gorillas is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Listen closely and the thumping of their chests will draw you ever closer.
There’s no other way to say it: Rwanda is pure magic.
- The trek of a lifetime to spend an hour with mountain gorillas at close range
- A powerful and moving visit to the Genocide Museum in Kigali
- Enjoy the bustling, sophisticated capital, Kigali
- Hike through stunning terraced hillsides
- Interact with the resilient, generous, and kind people of Rwanda who have made reconciliation their gift to mankind
When To Visit Rwanda
- The optimal gorilla trekking is during the Dry Season from late June to September. The forest trails are not as slippery and there is more sunshine.
- Gorilla trekking during the Wet Season from October to May is more difficult due to the rains making the slopes slippery and more exhausting to climb. Gorilla treks are however possible even in the wet season. April is the wettest month and should probably be avoided.
Our selection of camps, lodges, and resorts are situated in prime locations, maximizing your travel experience. Secluded and picturesque, they’ll immediately transport you to a different state of mind. Each location offers exceptional standards of service. And more important, they all take conservation seriously. Not only do they make as small a footprint as possible, but they aim to give back to the communities and ecosystems in which they exist.
Kigali Serena Hotel
Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Ready to start your adventure?
We're ready to be your guide as you embark on the wondrous discovery of your own great story.