5 days / 4 nights
- Endless plains of the Serengeti
- Multiple safari game drives
- Largest concentration of lions of any park in the world
- Chance to see the Great Wildebeest Migration
- Discover the Big Five
- Safari on the floor of Ngorongoro Crater
- Options for hot air balloon rides over the plains, bush dinners, and so much more
- Meet the otherworldly Maasai Warriors
- Stay in secluded and elegant luxury tented camps in optimal locations
“There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne — bubbling over with heartfelt gratitude for being alive.”
Days 1-2: Serengeti
Covering more than 5,700 square miles, the Serengeti is breathtaking terrain composed of acacia savannah, grass plains, and dense woodland grouped around kopje rock formations standing in a sea of grass. The kopjes provide shelter to a great variety of plants and animals, from the elusive leopard to the tiny dik-dik. It is estimated that one million animals live in the area with more than one-third of them being wildebeests, making it arguably the greatest wildlife theater on earth.
Days 3-4: Ngorongoro
As you wind up to the crater rim lush green foliage is dusted with the same mist of the brick-red earth and contrasts with the white mist of the clouds that shroud the volcano. Maasai tend their herds. Villagers carry firewood or water on their heads, instinctively keeping an eye out for an elephant or other animals that could come out of the bush at any moment. Arriving at the crater rim you get out of the vehicle and look out over the expanse of the crater below. This is the largest collapsed caldera in the world. Spirits are lifted by the beauty and grandeur of this place. A moment frozen in time just before the exciting wildlife encounters that await you. The animals are only specks for now, nearly 2,000 feet below. The perspective is foreign and gives us a sense of timelessness.
Drive down the 1900-foot crater wall from the rim of this spectacular extinct volcano. Here you will find Africa’s largest permanent concentration of wildlife. Ngorongoro has been referred to as the “Eighth Wonder of the World.” It towers above the Northern Serengeti Plain and it is celebrated as containing some of the most magnificent scenery in the world. Ngorongoro’s 105-square-mile crater is the largest unbroken crater on Earth and is packed with just about every species of wildlife found in East Africa. It is possible that we will see the Big Five—all of them—in one day. Large plains game permanently inhabit the area and the scenery is sensational. Some 30,000 animals live in the crater and, because the grasses are short, game is easily spotted and can often be approached quite closely. It is also one of the few parks in Africa where rhinos are relatively easy to locate. Enjoy the awe-inspiring views from your lodge of the crater below (weather permitting), spying herds of buffaloes and wildebeests that look like ants from the distance.
Day 5: International flight onward
- All airport arrival welcomes and departure farewells with private transfers
- Double occupancy accommodations
- All meals
- Wildlife safari game-viewing drives
- Services of English-speaking guides and drivers
- All park and conservancy fees
- Flight from Arusha to Serengeti
- Customary tipping of guides
- Gratuities to lodge staff
- Bottled water while on safari
- Storage and organization of gear, baggage, and personal affects
- Services of our management team in the USA and Africa
- Guaranteed departures with just two guests
Why have you combined climbing Kilimanjaro with going on a safari to follow, and why is the safari at the end?
What kind of animals will I see on safari after the climb?
Why is Metamo different from other safari companies?
Pair this extension with one of these journeys for an adventure you won’t ever forget.
Grandeur of Kenya & Tanzania
Kenya & Tanzania
Starting from $12,600
Above the Shadow of the Giant
Starting from $5,700
Let's design a custom journey just for you. →
Ready to start your adventure?
We're ready to be your guide as you embark on the wondrous discovery of your own great story.